You will find this section a useful guide to living in the Australia throughout your stay in Australia. It explains everything from the basics, such the Australia climate, monetary and banking system, to the intricacies of clothing, Travel and Transport etc.

You will find this section a useful guide about Australia. It give you brief information about Histroy, Religion, Australian Flag, Economy, Government etc.

English is the official language of Australia. To study there, a student must have a certain level of competence about the language. This has to be manifested / proved both to the university authorities and to the visa office.

The best way to improve your level of English is to take the International English Language Examination System (IELTS) exam. Most university websites give the level required for the course that the student intends to study in terms of the IELTS score.

Other tests: Higher education in specific or professional areas, such as teacher training or teacher assistant courses, may also require specific tests of the course.

This section provides information on the proficiency requirements in English and on IELTS and GMAT.

The student community of Australia includes more than 5,00,000 international students from more than 150 countries who study at universities.

Universities of Australia works with the government on its education plan to ensure that the level of education and courses at the 39 Australian universities are maintained globally.

The terms University and Title are protected in Australia, so that only institutions that comply with the high quality guarantee processes of Australia can use the titles.

All 39 financed by the government are listed in the Qualifications Framework of Australia. There are also private institutions that offer higher education and many of them are ‘accredited’, that is, approved by the government of the state or territory to design and provide higher grades of the required standard. Australian universities also have campus branches abroad, twinning arrangements and exchange programs for students and staff worldwide.

Higher education or post-secondary education is of two types: the university or the providers of higher education are the first type. The second is the Education and Vocational Training sector, which provides the most valued and practical courses and specialized courses required by the industry.

Australian education is constantly being reviewed by government, industry and professional bodies to ensure that it does not stagnate, but is updated to support the changing economy and its new requirements.

The Australian Quality Quality Agency (AUQA) is an independent, non-profit national organization that promotes, audits and reports on quality assurance in Australian higher education.

The Qualifications Framework of Australia is a unified system of national qualifications in schools, vocational training and training.

Many universities are already partnering with their peers abroad to offer courses for foreign partners in Australia or vice versa. This new global approach keeps students in touch with the world.

For More Details Please Click On The Following Link: –

You need to apply for a student visa. To be granted a student visa you must complete a visa application form, lodge it with the evidence required, pay the application charge and satisfy the student visa requirements. You can be granted a student visa only if you intend to study a registered course on a full-time basis and meet with a number of visa conditions after you have entered Australia.

This section takes you through the universities enrolment procedures process step by step. It starts with application procedure right till assistance available and bank loans. It also gives a helpful guide for studying in Australia,Student Support,University Courses etc.

International students in Australia with a student visa can apply for permission to work up to 20 hours a week during the course and full-time during vacation periods.

Entry requirements to study in Australian institutions

Students must meet the minimum academic requirements and need a sufficient level of English proficiency in order to enter Australian education and training institutions. The institutions will evaluate if they meet the selection criteria established for their proposed course of study. They will see the level and content of the study they have completed in Australia or in their country of origin.

Working while you study in Australia

  • International students who study in Australia with a student visa can apply for permission to work once they start their course. Applying for a student visa with permission to work can be done electronically or on paper using the 157P form or through Ausind Education
  • A visa with permission to work allows you to work up to 20 hours a week occasionally during the time of the course and full-time during vacation periods. From time to time, family members can also request permission to work up to 20 hours a week throughout the year. In the case of teachers and Ph.D. Students and AusAID or students sponsored by the defense, family members can request permission to work unlimited hours. If you are the family member of a student who has started a master’s degree or a Ph.D. Of course, you must bring evidence from the education provider that the student has begun this course. Under certain circumstances, the dependents of students may work.
  • The cost of applying for a student visa with permission to work is $ 55, but this is subject to an annual review.
  • The income you earn from working in Australia should only supplement your income and not be used as your sole source of income. Before coming to Australia, you must show that you have enough money to pay for living expenses, education costs and travel for the duration of your study.
  • Most students take occasional or part-time jobs at some point during their studies. Some jobs are closely linked to courses of study (such as part-time work of law students in law offices). Some students teach school children or get jobs on the campus in the lunchroom, the bookstore, in the offices of the institution and as lab assistants. Some jobs are completely outside the educational community, such as cocktails, child care, gardening, hospitality, sales, computers, restaurants or fruit picking.
  • Some institutions offer a job placement service. If there is work available, you must obtain a fiscal file number from the Australian Tax Office. You will have to contact them about their requirements and processes.
  • The student visa information on this website is only a summary and is subject to change. For more detailed, accurate and updated information on student visas and visa requirements, check with the Ausind Education  office.

Australia offers a very high standard of living, making it a good place to live. The cost of studying in Australia is comparable to that of the United States and the United Kingdom. The cost of actual enrollment may vary from one institution to another, depending on the location and content of the course.

Australia as a destination for higher education has grown in popularity because:

  • It offers study options at a cost comparable to that of the United States and the United Kingdom, maintaining a high standard of living.
  • It offers a range of license fee bands according to the location, the institution and the content of the course. Scholarships, although available, often can not be used by internationals because they do not meet the required profile.
  • On average, a student requires approximately AUD $ 360 per week to cover their rent, food, clothing, travel and incidental costs. However, individualistic needs may differ and budgets should be adequately worked out.
  • All international students going to Australia must have insurance coverage provided by registered providers in the form of health coverage for foreign students. In addition, a student may choose to take additional insurance to cover property, accidents and even lost luggage, flight changes and repatriation during the initial outbound trip.
  • Upon landing in Australia on a student visa, a student can work part-time for the duration of the study and, therefore, can successfully limit the transfer of funds from India for living expenses.

Tuition Fees

International students pay tuition in advance, which means they must pay at least the fees for the first year before the visa stage. In addition to enrollment, some institutions may charge lab fees, union fees for students, library fees and charges at sports facilities. These costs vary, but a fair indication is given in the table below:


Foundation Studies $A9000 – $A14,000 a year Approx
(such as university entrance, preparatory and bridging courses)
Bachelor Degree $A15,000 – $A33,000 a year Approx.
(such as courses in arts, business, economics and law)
Laboratory-based Bachelor Degree $A14,000 – $A35,000 a year Apporx.
(such as science and engineering courses)
Graduate Certificates
Graduate Diplomas
$A20,000 – $A37,000 a year Approx.
Masters Doctoral Degree $A20,000 – $A37,000 a year Approx.

For More Details Please Click On The Following Link: