Canada Visa Requirements
International students must obtain a study permit before going to Canada. The student can apply for a study permit in the Student Partner Program (SPP) of the Association of Canadian Community Colleges and Canadian Immigration Programs in New Delhi and Chandigarh. To qualify for the Study Permit Application under SPP, the student must have an unconditional offer letter from one of the universities / colleges that are included in this scheme. SPP is currently only open to Indian nationals. Wait at least two months for your Visa to be processed.
Documents Checklist for SPP (STUDENT PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM)
- SPP checklist: attach THIS checklist as a cover sheet to your application.
- Complete application form (all questions answered), dated and signed, indicating your personal postal address, reliable telephone contact and your personal email address (if you agree to send communications by email).
- Original and valid passport for you, as well as a photocopy of the bio data page
- Family information form and questionnaire for the student (without gaps).
- Two passport photographs with a white background for you and each member of the family applying for a visa. Photographs must have your name printed on the back, dated and taken in the last 6 months.
- Letter of acceptance from your SPP educational institution in Canada indicating unconditional admission, course title, duration of the study, study level, start date (multiple start dates, if applicable) and the last possible date of admission.
- Use of a representative form (IMM 5476) (if applicable)
- IELTS test results taken within the last 24 months with a global band no less than 6.0, with no individual band less than 5.5.
- Photocopy of the most recent diploma / exit certificate and the most recent grade sheets (for the whole program, the consolidated score sheets are NOT acceptable)
- Copy of the tuition payment receipts provided by the SPP institution.
- Proof of funds: You MUST demonstrate the purchase of a special (GIC) from a participating Canadian financial institution, in the amount of $ 10,000 CAD to cover the subsistence expenses of your first year in Canada. See page 2 for information on how to obtain a GIC. The official GIC document is mandatory.
- Copy of the medical examination form IMM1017 if you chose to undergo a medical examination before submitting your application.
- It is mandatory to complete a medical examination prior to submission of your application. Medical results are valid for one year
- Only one application per person per semester will be processed under the SPP (Student Partnership Program). Subsequent applications for the same semester following a refusal will NOT form part of SPP processing
- To file Study Permit application under SPP, it is mandatory to show a GIC certificate obtained from Nova Scotia Bank or ICICI proving that funds to the extent of CAD$ 10000 are available as living costs for the student.
- After reviewing your application, the Visa officer will decide if an interview is necessary. The Visa interview will be taken at CHC, New Delhi